- cootie--queen likes this
- nnekbone likes this
- goldenendurance reblogged this from lati-negros
- afrocatracho reblogged this from lahciguapa
- afrocatracho likes this
- lahciguapa reblogged this from blackwhitespanishgirl
- lahciguapa likes this
- diosadominicana reblogged this from yosoylamala and added:
- diosadominicana likes this
- jade-stone reblogged this from lati-negros
- yosoylamala reblogged this from blackwhitespanishgirl and added:
- blackwhitespanishgirl reblogged this from lati-negros
- queerandbrown reblogged this from lati-negros
- gelopanda likes this
- sheilastansbury reblogged this from lati-negros
- colorwavesfollow likes this
- fajazo reblogged this from lati-negros
- lati-negros posted this
This award-winning project started as the formal US focus on Black History Month (February 1-28/9) was upon us. Please know that our goal to celebrate all of the peoples who have influence and history via the African Diasporas. Expanding the inclusively of Blackness is not just during Black History Month but all year round for several of us, self-identified LatiNegr@s, Afr@Latin@s, BlakTin@s, and Afr@-Caribeñ@s.
This site is 365 days a year 24 hours a day 7 days a week! As people who recognize and claim the African heritage and history, we have often been excluded from US History, whether it be Black history, Women's Herstory (March), LGBTQA history, or Latin@ history (September 15-October 15) (to name a few). Join us in honoring and recognizing LatiNegr@s this year during Black, Women, LGBTQA, and Latin@ History Month and year round! We are Black, Latin@ and from all over the world! We REPRESENT!
Please share any images, videos, quotes, websites, links etc. you'd like to include on this page. Go to http://lati-negros.tumblr.com/submit to submit what you'd like to contribute.
The painting is by Jorge Arche, a Cuban painter from Santiago de Cuba who painted "Banistas".
TRIGGER WARNING: This space discusses the lived realities and histories of people who identify as racially Black and ethnically Latin@ all over the world. Posts may reference violence in many forms and topics and discussion may range from ableism to xenophobia to everything in between.